- about singapore
- discover it
- just do it
- best of singapore
Singapore provides free entry to the citizens of ASEAN countries and most western countries up to 30 days provided that they have in their possession - passport with 6 months validity beyond the intended period of stay; an onward/return ticket; and sufficient funds for their stay.
Foreigners from the following countries holding travel documents must apply for Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore:
Holders of the following travel documents also require visa to enter Singapore.
- Hong Kong document of Identity
- Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit,
- Palestinian Authority Passport
- Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries
- Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
Citizens holding ordinary passport of the following countries must apply for Business or Social Visit visa to enter Singapore while those citizens holding Diplomat, Officials and Social passports from these countries are exempted from visa requirements.
- People’s Republic of China
Entry to Singapore without visa may be granted to the citizens of Commonwealth of Independent States if they are on transit to or from a third country and have in their possession a valid passport, confirmed onward air-ticket, entry facilities to the third country and sufficient fund for the period of stay in Singapore.
Obtaining Social Visit Visa
Foreigners are required to have a passport with 6 months validity beyond the stay in Singapore. Visa issued for a period of a month can be extended for another three months via the Immigration Department.
Requirements for Social Visit Visa
1. Completely filled in Visa Application forms (Form 14A and Form V39A, Letter of Introduction for Visa Application)
2. Recent passport-size colour photographs
3. Photocopy of passport bio-data page
4. Local contact’s Singapore Identity Card (original and photocopy)
5. Certificate of employment or copy of household booklet if he/she is a PRC national and unemployed.
6. Processing fee of S$30 for visa application and S$40 for extension of stay.
Note: Pregnant women regardless of nationality are required to obtain visa to enter Singapore.
For more information regarding visa to Singapore visit the website of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore.