Koh Samui (Thailand) – July 17, 2019 (travelindex.com) – Renaissance Hotels, part of Marriott International, announced its continued brand evolution with a new Discover This Way marketing campaign that reinforces the brand’s promise of delivering the unexpected. To celebrate, Renaissance Hotels will help guests uncover the soul of neighborhoods around the world with exclusive experiences and perks from the brand’s This Way partners on the 8th annual Global Day of Discovery took place Thursday, May 16.
As each and many Renaissance Hotels across the globe celebrates the soul of the neighbourhood, highlighting the destinations’ hidden gems and truly indigenous experiences that fuel guests’ imagination. You are invited to join us to celebrate this year’s Global Day of Discovery, tasting the true Thai flavours in one of Thailand’s distinctive destinations, Koh Samui, where the hotel’s lifestyle concierge ambassadors, the Navigators, will take us on a path of effortless discovery both inside and outside of the hotels.
HIGHLIGHTED ACTIVITIES ON THAILAND’S FAMOUS TROPICAL ISLAND
– The evening will kick off with the Bar Ritual – a punch bowl crafted by the hotel’s mixology team. #RyouReady for an unforgettable evening with us?
– Navigator’s Table: Be ready to be surprised by the Unscripted Moment presented by the resort chef team. Presenting ‘Market to Table’ concept, our chef will showcase their culinary expertise in classic Thai delicacy, featuring the catch of the day and the freshest ingredients from local market sourced early in the morning. You will also learn to cook the traditional Tom Yam Goong with the guidance of the Chef.
– Navigator’s Tour: Spend your morning to explore the hidden gems of Koh Samui through the lens of the Navigator, the hotel’s lifestyle concierge and expert of the island. Starting from the Silangu Temple, a unique Thai temple built from red clay, to an exclusive access to the Coconut Plantation, you will understand more about the life and culture of the beautiful Koh Samui.
– Free & Easy: Enjoy a lazy afternoon, sunbathing on the beach, unwinding in the pool, or signing up for the diverse exhilarating water sports and activities offered by the resort, including kayaking and paddle boarding.
– Dinner at TawaNN restaurant: Feast on succulent seafood from the Koh Samui area at our stylish signature restaurant, tawaNN. Its unique, hand-crafted menu boasts many options inspired by classic dishes from Thai heritage. Or hop on the scheduled shuttle and explore more of Koh Samui to visit the famous Chaweng Beach
– Rejuvenate with a 60-min signature spa treatment at Quan Spa
– Hotel Tour: Imagine a place where the sun and sky meet the sand and ocean in amazing harmony – you will be envisioning Renaissance Koh Samui Resort and Spa. Set amidst manicured gardens and tucked along the shores of Koh Samui island, our hotel ensures a tranquil visit for our guests.
RENAISSANCE KOH SAMUI RESORT & SPA
Located at Lamai beach and just one-hour flight away from Bangkok, Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa – The perfect getaway for couples, families and honeymooners is a true luxury experience. Nestled among lush gardens and only steps from the beach, the hotel sets the ideal stage for a tranquil getaway. Its spacious, sophisticated 78 spacious guestrooms and villas feature tasteful decor and luxury amenities, while the villas provide access to a private pool, along with mesmerizing views of the Koh Samui coastline.
Guests can relax at the 2 resort pools and rejuvenate at the resort’s signature Quan spa, which offers a wide selection of treatments, or satisfy their cravings with exquisite Thai cuisine at one the 3 excellent hotel restaurants and a bar highlighting culinary specialties from Western, Thai as well as Tapas selection and in-villa Dining. For guests seeking a venue for a wedding or event in Koh Samui, the hotel features flexible, well-appointed venue spaces and a spectacular oceanfront backdrop. The property offers a prime resort location, placing local attractions within reach, and is just a short trip from Chaweng Beach and Big Buddha Temple, as well as other popular local attractions.
To discover more, guests can call +66 77 429300
FAST FACTS ABOUT ‘DISCOVER THIS WAY’
– Offers a sense of clever theatricality and an open invitation to experience something a little unexpected during guests’ travels
– The celebration, which took place at 160 hotels in more than 35 countries, spotlights the Renaissance Hotel Navigator, who – counter to a typical concierge – knows how to show guests how to discover destinations like a local by handpicking discoveries that cannot be found in a guidebook
– Today’s travelers want to feel like they’ve experienced the DNA of the neighborhood in the destination they are visiting and make the most of their trip. With help from our This Way neighborhood partners, we are committed to giving travelers something a little bit unexpected every step along their journey.
– Developed and produced by creative agency Venables Bell + Partners collaboratively with the Renaissance Hotels’ marketing team and based on consumer insights, the brand’s new “Discover This Way” campaign was inspired by the idea that every trip can be a tale. From the brand’s surprising approach to design, to its original take on cocktails and its team of local Navigators, Renaissance Hotels will help its global travelers make the most of every stay.
– Directed by Jojo Zunke and tuned to Judith Hill’s yet-to-be released single “Upside,” which will premiere in this campaign, the :60 hero film centers on a hotel guest as he follows a bespoke path plotted by the Navigator using footprints, taking him on a spontaneous journey through Renaissance’s neighborhoods around the world. The guest moves rhythmically as he follows the sequence of footsteps – inspired by guided steps in a local dance class – discovering the neighborhood through playful, unexpected twists and turns.
– Renaissance Hotels’ marketing and design teams developed the neighborhood-inspired color palette of muted and rich colors, from grayish pavement to deepest midnight to downtown cargo. The palette captures the brand’s signature mix of high and low, raw and polished elements – all of which make up a modern neighborhood.